International Women's Day 2021: Let's all Choose To Challenge
What is the need?
To shape our future lives, it is important to have equal participation of women’s ideas and experiences to influence the implementation of innovations.
In order to achieve this, there is a need to remove structural barriers and making sure that no woman and girl are left behind.
When is it celebrated?
International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8, worldwide. It is a day when women are recognized for their achievements without regard to divisions, whether national, ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic, or political.
It is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women.
It is a time to call for change and to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary women who have played an extraordinary role in the history of their countries and communities. IWD has been observed since the early 1900s with the first gathering held in 1911 to:
- Celebrate women's achievements
- Raise awareness about women's equality
- Lobby for accelerated gender parity
- Fundraise for
The campaign theme for International Women's Day 2021 is '. A challenged world is an alert world. And from challenge comes change. So let's all #ChooseToChallenge.
What are colors to symbolize?
What are the aims to be achieved?
- Identifying, celebrating, and increasing the visibility of women's achievements can help forge equality.
- Strategic collaborations based on a foundation of shared purpose, trust, and appreciation can impact positive change for women
- Worldwide awareness-raising via meaningful narratives, resources, and activity can help combat gender bias and discrimination to accelerate gender parity.
Gender Equality by 2030: